Online Nutrition Courses from Registered Dietitians
Are you looking to build a foundation for your nutrition knowledge, learn the basics of gut health, receive food lists, meal ideas, or digestive health information that can be applied in real life?
CDHF has partnered with NutriProCan to bring you 60-90-minute online nutrition courses that are science-based, up-to-date, and created under the supervision of Lisa Spriet, a registered dietitian, and former university professor in food and nutrition sciences.
A registered dietitian is a regulated and licensed healthcare professional that is university trained in the field of food and nutrition, combined with supervised practical experience. They are experts in translating scientific, medical and nutrition information into general education, personalized goals, action plans and support through coaching. NutriProCan’s dietitians have an extensive background in the application of food science combined with behavioural coaching to drive lifelong change towards a healthy approach to food.
These courses include quick quizzes along the way, and you can enjoy this seminar-style course for 60-days from purchase to maximize your learning retention! You can also pause the courses, take breaks, and continue later at your own pace.
View the available courses below, and be sure to bookmark this page, as we will continue to add new courses to this page in the future.
A portion of the funds from the programs will go to CDHF, so be sure to use the links below!
NEW: Emotional Eating 101
Healing from emotional eating starts with awareness, understanding your triggers, and building knowledge to empower you to overcome this common but problematic relationship with food. You are not alone! Learning from registered dietitians who specilize in emotional eating is a great first step.
- Learn what emotional eating is and is not, and gain a deeper understanding of what causes us to make food choices by exploring the psychology of eating.
- Emotional eating can be the cause of frustrating, failed weight loss efforts and you will learn how to fundamentally change your approach towards ‘diets and dieting”.
- Build practical skills such as learning to identify the differences between other types of hunger and ‘emotional hunger’, mastering the do’s and don’ts of overcoming emotional eating, and learn additional strategies for gaining greater control over your eating habits.
- At the beginning of the course, each participant is offered to complete the Emotional Eating Quiz to help bring awareness to your eating habits. You will also learn more about the difference between emotional eating and eating disorders, as well as what to do in case of a suspected eating disorder.
NEW: Fatty Liver Disease Nutrition 101
Your (only) liver is essential to your life and learning how to care for it, and repair damage, are foundational health skills. While this course is focused on fatty liver disease, this course can help anyone improve their science-based knowledge about the liver, which is one of our most important organs. This course teaches the likely causes for developing fatty liver, from different habits to various body factors. In the practical segment, you will learn about lifestyle, nutrition and supplementation options for reducing or preventing fatty liver.
- Learn about the importance of liver health and the different symptoms, causes and stages of fatty liver disease.
- Grow your knowledge about fatty liver prevention and detection based on symptoms, blood work, Fibro scans and more.
- Understand how the foods we eat impact our liver function, including foods to eat more of and those to avoid.
- Learn about various lifestyle, habit and body factors that impact liver health and increase the risk of fatty liver disease.
- Get ready to take action by learning eight approaches to reducing a fatty liver. You will also receive a course handout with a sample liver healthy meal plan and recipes.
Gut Health Fundamentals
Are you looking to improve your digestive health and gain a greater understanding of how digestion works? By understanding the essentials of good gut health, you can help improve skin health, your immune system and concentration, as well as avoid developing digestive diseases such as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), autoimmune diseases, colon cancer and Crohn’s disease.
- Learn why your gut health matters and how it contributes to your overall health and wellbeing
- Practical tips for improving your gut function: Do’s and Don’ts for healthy bowels
- A deep dive into the connection between digestive health and psychological health
- Learn about the use of prebiotics and probiotics and specific health outcomes
- Get how-to plans, ideas and tips for gut-healthy foods, supplements (probiotics, prebiotics, etc.), and other lifestyle factors that increase gut health.
Healthy Eating Habits 101
Knowing what truly makes up a ‘healthy diet’ can be confusing with the abundance of information and various opinions on the topic. This course is designed to help you master the science-based fundamentals of good nutrition. This course includes best practices on implementing a healthy diet and the habits you need to develop to turn healthy eating into a realistic lifestyle that YOU CAN lead.
- Reset and remind yourself on the true functions of food and the importance of nutrient diversity, based on the latest research in nutrition sciences.
- A quick crash course on what they are and what they do for your body.
- How often do you need to eat? How much? What should each meal include? Learn 3 example meal patterns based on different lifestyles!
- Learn how to build snacks and meals using the recommended food groups for each meal. Take the guesswork out of meal planning and prepping!
Family Nutrition 101
This course is designed for caregivers and parents to learn what healthy eating is, based on the latest research, and how to apply within your family unit. Plus, there are several engaging components with an interactive quiz that you can involve your children in.
- You will enhance your nutrition knowledge and understanding of how to apply it in your daily life with your family.
- Master time and money-saving meal planning and prepping best practices, from detailed grocery shopping to building healthy, balanced plates.
- You will be able to get your family united on healthy eating by following (and personalizing) our proven approaches.
By using a combination of low-FODMAP eating techniques and supplements (if needed), your IBS Dietitian will help you to manage your symptoms while still meeting your nutrition needs and managing life’s demands.
The IBS nutrition therapy program is designed to help relieve or resolve the following IBS symptoms:
- Abdominal pain (cramping)
- A feeling of incomplete emptying of the bowels
- Heartburn and nausea
The program consists of a personalized, step-wise low-FODMAP IBS diet, low-FODMAP recipes, high-quality supplements where needed, structured meal planning, coaching and support for overcoming any barriers or making lifestyle and habit changes.
This program was developed in collaboration with GI specialists and many doctors refer to this program, however, a referral is not required. As recognized and trusted healthcare providers, NutriProCan’s dietitians can collaborate with your doctors and specialists, with your consent. Their registered dietitians are also knowledgeable about nutrient-drug interactions to help ensure your plan is comprehensive.
Do you have other digestive health or condition concerns?
If you are looking to receive professional advice and coaching on digestive health issues from registered dietitians, NutriProCan offers free consultations.
Request a free 20-minute consultation with a Registered Dietitian to find out if nutrition counselling could work for you. clicking here.