Unless otherwise indicated, the information in this article is from our CDHF Talks with pediatric gastroenterologist, Dr. Lara Hart here. For more information on Cow’s Milk Allergy, click here.
Content reviewed by Amy Chow, RD
Amy Chow is a Registered Dietitian based in Langley, BC. Amy is your go to Registered Dietitian if you’re looking for support with gut health, food allergies, diabetes, eating disorders and pediatric nutrition. With a decade of experience, she is passionate about inspiring you to feel confident about nutrition and bringing joy back to eating. When she’s not working, Amy enjoys spending time outdoors with her family and in the kitchen trying out new recipes! www.chowdownnutrition.com
- CDHF. (2021, December). CDHF Talks: Cow’s Milk Allergy. Canadian Digestive Health Foundation. Retrieved July 30, 2022, from https://cdhf.ca/digestive-disorders/cows-milk-allergy/cdhf-talks-cows-milk-allergy
- Fiocchi, A., Brozek, J., Schünemann, H., Bahna, S. L., von Berg, A., Beyer, K., Bozzola, M., Bradsher, J., Compalati, E., Ebisawa, M., Guzman, M. A., Li, H., Heine, R. G., Keith, P., Lack, G., Landi, M., Martelli, A., Rancé, F., Sampson, H., . . . Vieths, S. (2010). World Allergy Organization (WAO) Diagnosis and Rationale for Action against Cow’s Milk Allergy (DRACMA) Guidelines. World Allergy Organization Journal, 3(4), 57–161. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1399-3038.2010.01068.x
- Society, C. P. (2021, April 27). Non-ige-mediated food allergy: Evaluation and Management: Canadian Paediatric Society. Non-IgE-mediated food allergy: Evaluation and management | Canadian Paediatric Society. Retrieved July 30, 2022, from https://cps.ca/en/documents/position/non-ige-mediated-food-allergy-evaluation-and-managemen
- Vandenplas, Y., De Greef, E., & Devreker, T. (2014). Treatment of Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy. Pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology & nutrition, 17(1), 1–5. https://doi.org/10.5223/pghn.2014.17.1.1
- Venter, C., Brown, T., Meyer, R. et al. Better recognition, diagnosis and management of non-IgE-mediated cow’s milk allergy in infancy: iMAP—an international interpretation of the MAP (Milk Allergy in Primary Care) guideline. Clin Transl Allergy 7, 26 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1186/s13601-017-0162-y