CDHF Talks: IBS and the Gut Microbiome
This CDHF Talks with Dr. Turbide, gastroenterologist at the University of Calgary is on a digestive condition that you may be familiar with – Irritable Bowel Syndrome, or IBS for short. IBS is a chronic pain disorder, that is very common within the Canadian Population.
In this series of videos, Dr. Turbide goes over all things IBS – what it is, the different types of IBS, if your microbiome can be a cause of your IBS, and tips on managing IBS. He also talks about all of the treatment options available – whether that be prescription medications, over-the-counter medications, or psycho-social interventions.
This is one you definitely don’t want to miss!
Watch the full version or skip to each section to find the answers you are looking for.
- Part 1: What is the Prevalence of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)?
- Part 2: What are the Different Types of IBS?
- Part 3: Can your Microbiome be a cause of your IBS?
- Part 4: Alarm Symptoms you should not ignore if you have IBS
- Part 5: Can the FODMAP diet help my IBS?
- Part 6: Symptom Relief for IBS: Antispasmodics, Peppermint Oil and Probiotics
- Part 7: Medications for IBS
- Part 8: The Benefits of Psycho-social Interventions for IBS