Kale Chip Recipe
Kale is an awesome vegetable, there’s no denying. As a crucifer, kale is part of a group of vegetables with the most potent anti-cancer properties and is rich in lutein and zexanthin, two carotenoids that have been shown to reduce the risk for macular degeneration. Kale chips are an out-of-the-ordinary way to enjoy some veggies while getting some of that mouth-satisfying crunch that many love. They make a great snack or as an add-on to any lunch or dinner.
- Course: Snack
- Cuisine: American
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 2
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- spices as desired – common options are curry powder, chili powder, turmeric, or even some Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 175C or 350F [some prefer lower temperatures to reduce the risk of burning, be sure to keep an eye on them]. Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner.
- Drizzle kale with olive oil and toss; sprinkle with seasoning salt and any spices you prefer
- Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.