Healthy & Savoury Granola Bars with Ancient Herbs
Yield: 16 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Nutrition Facts: Per 1 serving (1 bar, 45 g)
Calories 170; Fat 7 g (10% DV), Carbohydrates 26 g (9% DV), Fibre 3g (14% DV); Sugars 17g, Protein 4 g. Food Guide Servings: Vegetables and Fruit ½
- 1 cup packed (315 g) Dates, pitted finely diced
- 2 Tbsp(30 ml) Pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup (65 g) Peanut butter crunchy
- ¼ cup (45 g) Dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup (100 g) Almonds sliced
- 1 ½ cups (145 g) Rolled oats
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) Rosemary crushed
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) Thyme crushed
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) Lavender
- Process dates in a food processor until small bits remain (about 1 minute).
- Toast rolled oats and almonds in a 350 F (176 C) oven for 10-15 minutes or until slightly golden Reserve.
- Warm up maple syrup, peanut butter, rosemary, thyme and lavender in a small saucepan over low Stir in puree date, using a wooden spatula break up the dates to dissolve, pour over the oat and almond mixture.
- Add dark chocolate chips and thoroughly mix, transfer to a 5 x 7-inch Pyrex lined with saran wrap.
- Press down firmly until uniformly flattened, cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove granola from pan and cut into 16 even bars.
- Store in a sealed container up to 5 days.