Overnight Oats: 2 Ways!
What are the reasons you tend to skip breakfast? Maybe it’s just because mornings are so busy, or you’re on the run, or you have a long commute. You’re not alone. Today, more than a quarter of the country skips breakfast. Eating a healthy breakfast regularly can help power your day and improve your overall health and well-being. We’re here to help make that a reality! Prep these super easy breakfast ideas the night before—just grab and go in the morning.
1. Overnight Apple N’ Oats
Crave a slightly sweet and satisfying breakfast? Prep oats in the evening to help power your morning—no cooking required!
Makes four servings.
- ½ pound fresh apples, diced
- ½ cup apple juice
- 2 ounces dried cranberries, diced
- 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup uncooked old fashioned oats
- 2 cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- In a bowl, combine apples, juice, cranberries, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Fold in oats and yogurt. Mix well until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve chilled.Overnight Oats Alternative: Swap out apples with dried cranberries for a banana or berries with raisins.
2. Breakfast Berries and Chia Seed Parfait
Looking for a fresh and filling breakfast to take on-the-go? Combine the power of chia seed with the sweet flavor of fruit and yogurt.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- Combine yogurt and chia seeds in a to-go container. Mix well.
- Add fresh or frozen berries on top of yogurt mixture and lightly drizzle with honey.
- Let it sit overnight to allow the flavors to meld and the chia seeds to create a thicker texture.Yogurt Parfait Alternative: Swap out berries for your favorite fruit and try other seeds in place of chia seeds¬—hemp, flax, or even chopped nuts.Since everyone’s health history and nutritional needs are so different, please make sure that you talk with your doctor and a registered dietitian to get advice about the diet and exercise plan that’s right for you.
At Aramark, we focus on enriching and nourishing the lives of millions all over the world, providing a wide range of services—food, facilities and uniforms. We serve world champion sports teams, Fortune 500 companies, state-of-the-art healthcare providers and the world’s leading educational institutions. And every day, we dream of ways to do it better through our commitment to innovation and our passion for excellent customer service.
Healthy For Life™ is our comprehensive approach to health, wellness and environmental sustainability. It features a healthy and responsible menu strategy plus nutrition, wellness and sustainability programs, like our live it good educational program, that work together to support healthy lifestyles – for each of us, for our communities and for the planet.
Our food philosophy is simple – We believe in good food – and not just food that tastes good, but that’s good for you, for our communities, and for the planet. This simple idea is what drives our everyday actions. We focus on fresh, seasonal and plant forward foods that are responsibly and regionally sourced. And, we offer healthier options that are made with whole, minimally processed ingredients that are lower in calories, saturated fat and sodium – and that above all are delicious
Join us to harness the knowledge of our chefs, dietitians and other experts – and discover how to be healthy for life!
This content was developed in partnership with Aramark.